Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kootenay Flower Power

It is simply amazing how the flora around me explodes in spring and early summer...as if all the plants were locked into a small box and then all of the sudden are being released.

The first show of color in spring goes to the Pulsatilla


quickly followed by the Shooting Star


and by the time Arrowleaf Balsamroot colors the hillsides, spring is here to stay.



The following images have all bee taken within the last three weeks, I tell you fair and square, pun intended, that I still haven't managed to learn all my wildflowers. Should I misname a flower here, or if you know the name of one of my "unknown flower" please feel free to leave a comment or catch me on facebook.

Enjoy!


 Three-Spot Mariposa Lily


Little gem, unknown flower #1


Not quite sure on this one, Butter-and-Eggs?


Yellow Salsify...


 ...with it's enormous seed pod


beautiful unknown flower #2


Wild Rose


Pretty in purple, Penstemon?...unknown flower #3


American Vetch


Lupine


Harebell


Boisduval Blue
Not really a wildflower...
Just matched the color scheme so well


And last but not least, 
Blue Flax in all it's beauty

















No comments:

Post a Comment